About Me

My photo
我爱羅志祥Show Lo 我爱楊丞琳Rainie Yang ♥Lee Minho ♥Kim Hyun Joong Just a typical teenage fangirl

Welcome to My Blog

Where I will be posting CPOP & KPOP stuff like rants, reviews, pictures and many more ^^

Please visit my
CPOP Tumblr : iheartshowlo.tumblr.com
KPOP Tumblr : heartminho.tumblr.com
Weibo : http://www.weibo.com/2009345151/profile?topnav=1&wvr=3.6
QQ : http://t.qq.com/nicolechann?preview

Friday 5 April 2013

K Drama Review #16: That Winter, the Wind Blows

Finally, another drama to review! I really wanted to finish a drama during the spring break, but I guess that didn't happen :S Anyways, That Winter, the Wind Blows ended a few days ago and I finally finished watching it today....after some spoiler GIFS and such on tumblr LOL

"That Winter, the Wind Blows" starring:
Jo In Sung as Oh Soo. An orphan who doesn't care about anything after the death of his first love, he becomes a high-class gambler and playboy. Soo is also a con artist who preys on the rich and he sets sights on a new target: Oh Young, pretending to be her long-lost brother.
Song Hye Kyo as Oh Young. She became estranged from her mother and older brother when her parents divorced when she was a child. Now legally blind, she is the sole heiress to a giant conglomerate after her father passes away.
Kim Bum as Park Jin Sung. Oh Soo's best friend and right-hand man. Hot-head Jin-sung dreams of scraping up enough money to buy his father an organic cattle farm.
Jung Eun Ji as Moon Hee Sun. The younger sister of Hee-joo, Oh Soo's first love. Hee-sun is a quirky, tomboyish girl with a deep fondness for flowers and for her sister. Though Hee-sun tries to despise Soo after he leaves Hee-joo, she finds that she cannot.



 Summary & Opinion: A melodrama about a man and a blind woman who don’t believe in love. Oh Soo is an orphan who is left heartbroken later in life after his first love passes away and comes to lead a goal-less life as a high stakes gambler. Oh Young is a lonely heiress who feels she must look after others and herself after her parents get divorced and she finds herself becoming visually impaired. The two will come to find the true meaning of love after meeting each other.

I definitely got hooked onto this drama since episode 1. It was a really good drama to watch from beginning to end. There were also some tear jerking moments as well. Give this drama a thumbs up !! :D

SPOILER opinion & rant: I loved this drama from beginning to end; the characters, the plot, and the fact that the girl protagonist was blind. It was cool to watch how a blind person does things to help herself live her day to day life, such as how Youngie drags her stick on the stairs, how she eats and such, it was really interesting. I thought she did a great job portraying that character, especially her stare which was really blank and looked as if she was staring at nothing..props to her! In the beginning when Oh Soo was going to pretend to be Youngie's fake brother I was really nervous that he couldn't pull it off. But when he first entered the house and started to act I was like WOOW-ING the whole time. How he used the real brother's writing to trace words and stuff. The scanning tooth brush part was soooo nerve wracking for me because she didn't get to switch it in the washroom, but good thing she did later on...but they still noticed something was wrong with the toothbrush. Oh yeah, and when he burned his arm with boiling water, my jaw dropped because he risked his arm for that...but too bad it was on the wrong arm :\ Secretary Wang was just really strange to me, because I didn't know if she was bad or good..and just made me confused. Like she "made" Youngie blind, but she cares for her sooooo much..like wtf o.O But in the end she is nice, but I don't know if I should be happy or sad that she came back by her side. I loved Kim Bum's character in this drama, because he was sooo cute trying to get Hee Sun to like him, but when she does like him back, he doesn't show as much aegyeo. I love Oh Soo and Jin Sung's teamwork, like they match each other perfectly and do things so swiftly. I loved Lawyer Jang because he was always the nice guy, being by Youngie's side :) Although I thought Moo Chul was like a bad guy at first(well he sorta is) but in the end when the dude asked if he could tell In Sung about Moo Chul trying to protect them I was like OHHHHHH, he's actually quite nice LOL. But too bad he died :( it was so sad to watch him spit out blood. It was so shocking to me that he didn't get stabbed since the previous episode left his face like O.O EUGHHHH, so I thought he did get stabbed, but good thing he held the knife. But when Jin Sung was trying to carry him to the hospital or something, that scene was a typical drama scene, like I think his car was just behind him... but nope he had to "run" to the hospital dramatically....typical, typical. We never really got to know about the big truck rushing towards Jin Sung's family, like did the dad do some kind of magical thing and drifted away or did the truck not really hit them...hmmmm, mystery LOL. I was reallllyyyyy happy when Youngie could see again, at first when she was with a bunch of the blind people, and she's holding her cane I was like wuttttttt?!?!?! WHYYYY??? But then she started to look around with her eyes, and I was like YUSSSSSSSS!!!! But I think her vision was still in progress since she still couldn't see things clearly(since the drama showed some parts being blurred out). Oh yeah, and I can't forget the part where Jin Sung stabs Oh Soo. At first I thought it was one of the black suit people, but when I saw that it was Jin Sung I was like WUTTT DAAAAA FERKKK?! But I guess he was pretty mad that his family got "killed". But the ending was quite nice, it was a happy ending and it wrapped up really well with a cherry blossom kiss in the Spring time ^_^

This drama was a great melodrama, and I reallyyyyyyyy reallyyy enjoyed watching it!
Rate it a 9.5/10

There are no other dramas that I am watching currently, but I'm thinking of starting You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin since the cast seems great and I heard people say it was guudd. Also, Yoo In Na is in it and I love her <3 and also IU yayy! Also, I'm thinking of watching like an old sitcom which is called High Kick Through the Roof, because my friend is watching it right now and she said it's REALLLY REALLLY funny. Right now I'm watching this variety show, Dad, where are you going and it is SOOOOO GOOOD and funny. If you guys haven't watched it yet I definitely RECCOMEND IT!!! It's basically about 5 dads and they take their sons and daughters to "vacation". And it is really funny especially the little kids, they are sooo adorable! I don't really like Min Guk because he's such a cry baby even though he's the hyung, but I guess he's still funny when he always gets the bad houses LOL!

For more updates on KPOP stuff go to my kpop tumblr which I go on everyday even when I have school
heartlmhkhj.tumblr.com
or my CPOP tumblr which I go on everyday as well, iheartshowlo.tumblr.com
or my asian fashion,food tumblr which I go on regularly, nchann.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers